Hello! Welcome to 'With Hilarious Consequences.. Film
Review'. It's all a bit new, so watch this space; it'll be getting
better. Hope you find the reviews useful, if you have any
questions or comments, you are welcome to
contact me.

Monday 1 December 2008

My Best Friend’s Girl

Release: 21.11.08
Director: Howard Deutch

Professional jerk Tank Turner (Dane Cook) falls for his best friend’s girl, it’s a typical ‘who gets the girl’ storyline, though the fact that ‘the girl’ doesn’t want either of them, apparently doesn’t come in to it.
I’m not quite sure what this film is going for; it seems to be a rom-com: but with no romance and not much comedy. Maybe I had my hopes too high; Dane Cook is a very funny stand-up and I suggest you check him out. This film is good for a couple of cheap laughs, but that’s about it.


Warning: this is definitely a ‘guy film’

*/5

No comments: